WRAP IT….SHAPE IT….TIPS FOR CELLULITE!!!
Oh The Joys Of Being A Woman! Cellulite, Orange Peel, Dimpling, Cottage cheese, Mom butt whatever you decide to call it this is one reoccurring nightmare every woman has gone through as it affects 90% of women in their lives.
Cellulite commonly known as Orange peel is a condition in which the skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits giving it a dimpled lumpy appearance mostly around the thighs, buttocks, arms and stomach. Cellulite occurs when underlying fat deposits begin to push through layers of collagen fibres or connective tissue under the skin (connective tissue can be weakened by hormones, lack of exercise and muscle tone, excess fat or even poor circulation). Partly genetic, it can be a result of hormonal issues, diet, lifestyle choices and toxins.
I have tried the following treatments and found them to be really good, I hope they work for you too!
Exercising does not cure cellulite but it helps to reduce fat. Exercisng helps to increase blood flow and by doing exercises which include Strength training (great for firming the muscle underneath the cellulite which helps the skin appear smoother) and Cardio ( great for burning body fat) like Kettle bells, Squats, Lunges which target the hips, thighs, butt and stomachs all these can help in your fight against cellulite.(Please visit your local gym to be shown the proper way to do the exercises)
Drink lots of water to flush out toxins and stay hydrated, I drink a glass first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. You should aim for around 8 glasses of fluid a day and can get it from water and other drinks or from food with high water content like leafy greens, water melons, cucumbers, pineapples, oranges. The amount of water we need varies with each person depending on their age, diet, exercise and climate.
My favourite, dry brushing improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, and removes the build up of toxins from the body. It helps get rid of dead skin cells, encourages cell renewal, increases blood flow to the skin making it appear plumper, brighter and smoother.
● Using a dry Body Brush made with natural fibres gently brush from your feet up to your shoulders concentrating on the areas with the most cellulite. Brush from the left to right side of the body and keep the brushing movements towards the heart to encourage circulation.
● Start from the ankles, move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms.
● On the back, brush from the neck down to the lower back.
● Do this dry brushing for about five to ten minutes in the morning (Remember to do this when your skin is dry)
● Wash away in the shower just after brushing using warm water.
● Apply your favourite body lotion, I always use Coconut oil or Extra virgin oil for deep moisturizing straight after the shower while your pores are still open.
Massage and exfoliate your skin using coffee grains as a scrub, this helps the skin to stimulate blood flow, caffeine also has a tightening effect giving the skin more toned appearance.
● Mix 1/4 cup ground coffee beans, 3 tablespoons Brown sugar, 3 table spoons Coconut oil, mix and make a
● Massage the warm paste onto your skin using firm pressure for 5 minutes, 2 to 3 times a week.
● Rinse off with warm water.
● Mix 1/4 cup of ground coffee beans and 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin oil.
● Warm the mixture in a microwave for 15 – 30 seconds.
● Apply the mixture to the thighs and areas to be treated, cover the area with plastic wrap and leave on the skin for 20 – 30 minutes.
● Take a warm shower and apply some lotion. Do this twice a week.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WRAP….
Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and a tablespoon of honey, rub onto affected areas, wrap in plastic wrap and a warm towel for one hour and rinse off. Do this at least twice a week for great results.
Green tea speeds up metabolism, helps burn fat, and stops the production of fat absorbing enzeymes. Drink at least 3 to 4 cups a day for it to work.
● Diet – Eat low fat food, fruits, vegetables and fiber can help to reduce cellulite.
● Exercise – Work out regularly to maintain a healthy weight and reduce stress.
● Stay Hydrated – Drinking lots of water at least 8 glasses and don’t forget your Green tea!
● Underwear – Wearing thongs, boy shorts looser fitting undergarments can prevent cellulite that may form due to tight elastic.
Thank you for reading my blog, if you have any questions please visit my website www.callmercy.com for more information.