LOVELY LIPS….THE POWER OF LIPSTICK!!!
Whether its an everyday, girls night out or date night lipstick you are looking for, finding the right lipstick shades to suit our skin tones can be a difficult task. I am still searching for a red lipstick which suits me and have been on this Red Lipstick Quest for more than 5 years now and have tried so many that I have even lost count!REMEMBER THE SAYING ” YOUR LIPSTICK COLOUR SAYS A LOT ABOUT YOU “
CHOOSING LIPSTICK BASED ON YOUR SKIN TONE….
You have Cool or Warm undertones which affects the way the shades look on your skin. The best way to check which colours will look great on you is to do the Wrist Check. If you have Blue veins you have a Cool undertone, if you Green veins you have a Warm undertone and if you have Blue – Green veins you have Neutral undertone.
READ MY PREVIOUS ARTICLE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SKIN TONE ( ITS ALL ABOUT THE BASE…CHOOSING THE BEST FOUNDATION FORMULA & SHADE FOR YOU )
LIGHT SKIN TONE….
You can wear light pinks, light peach, beige, golden brown, nudes, red lipsticks (Britney Spears, Felicity Huffman)
MEDIUM SKIN TONE….
You can wear medium to deep pinks, reds, orangey peach, plums, violets, medium to deep brown, and bronze lipsticks ( Beyonce , Rhianna)
OLIVE SKIN TONE….
You can wear dark rose, dark red, berry, plums, dark apricot, dark brown lipsticks. Dark olives can wear most shades soft browns and nudes can look washed out sometimes so wear a lip gloss which reflects light. ( Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria )
DARK SKIN TONE….
You can wear plum rose which will be a perfect neutral colour A vibrant violet can give a lovely bold contast to dark skin. Deep purples, wine coloured reds, chocolate browns, bronze, dark fuchsia, dark burgundies, golden beige, neon orange lipsticks. ( Lupita Nyong’o, Kelly Rowland)
REMEMBER THERE ARE NO SET RULES IN MAKE UP SO TRY OUT DIFFERENT SHADES YOU MIGHT SURPRISE YOURSELF!!!
Are long wearing, have a strong pigment which provides full coverage with a beautiful velvety finsh. They can be drying on the lips especially this time of the year fall/winter. Avoid them if you have dry or chapped lips or apply a lip balm first to keep the lips hydrated.
Have more shine than matte lipsticks , can be long lasting and contain more wax than mattes so can protect the lips. Because of their creamy texture they tend to bleed so wear lip liner which blends with the lipstick.
Are richly pigmented, non drying , bold and vibrant provide a 3d effect, I love wearing them on a night out.
● If you have dry lips gently exfoliate using a soft toothbrush or flannel. If the lips are too chapped
apply an oil Coconut or Olive oil over night and gently runoff in the morning using a flannel.
● Every day lipstick choose a colour close to your natural lip, apply on the bottom lip if it’s too different, keep trying until you find one which matches.
● Dark shades make lips look smaller.
● Red lipsticks are a Must – Have for a sexy classic look wear a soft blush to balance out the look
● Don’t match your lip colour too close to your clothing purple dress / purple lipstick can be too much
● Choose between dramatic eyes or lips not both, if you are wearing a Bold lipstick keep the eyes simple and soft to balance out the face.
● Create your own lipstick shade by mixing 2 different colour lipsticks or wear a different shade lip gloss to your lipstick
● Avoid colours that are too pale , they will make you look ashy or gray
● For longer lasting lipstick try the layering trick – fill your entire lip with a nude or lip toned lip pencil apply lipstick on top this helps the lipstick to stay on.
● BE ADVENTUROUS TRY OUT DIFFERENT SHADES AND TEXTURES!!!
Thank you for reading my blog! If you have any questions you can email me on email@example.com or visit my website www.callmercy.com.