LETS TALK ABOUT SKIN…..HOME SPA PAMPERING!!!
I Love using Natural Products on my skin because they are Hypo-allergenic (contain no additives,preservatives or chemicals) that can be damaging to the skin. In the next 2 articles I will give you tips on how to take care of your Specific Skin Type using Inexpensive ingredients from your kitchen, helping you to save money!
OIL CLEANSING METHOD….
I am a big fan of the OIL CLEANSING METHOD and I believe it’s something you must try out. I find it to be the easiest way to cleanse my face, it is great for removing impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils and helps to connect the tissues well. If done correctly, you can have skin which is free from acne, pimples or rashes.
Whatever your skin type Oil Cleansing Method works wonders for all skin types. It may not seem effective at the beginning but you need to let your skin get used to it!
It is important to come up with a Skincare Routine for normal skin, just because you do not have any problems with your skin it doesn’t mean you have to skip Key steps. It still needs cleansing, nourishing and moisturising. Without cleansing and nutrients, normal skin can also be prone to acne, age spots, premature aging and wrinkles.
The best way to look after normal skin is to make sure you use gentle products whose formulas are designed to work with your skin type. You can clean your skin with a mild baby soap and water twice a day.
If you decide to try the Oil Cleansing Method you need the following:
• 20% castor oil
• 80% high linoleic sunflower oil ( rich in Vitamin E , a powerful antioxidant which can help slow down the aging process )
• 20% castor oil
• 80% extra virgin olive oil (very nourishing to the skin, rich in antioxidants and good fatty acids)
Warm the oil between your hands first. Gently massage using your fingers one to one and a half teaspoon of the mixture on the face, wipe off with a warm wash cloth. I prefer to use damp cotton pads to avoid bacterial infection which can happen if your wash cloth is not clean.
Important: Always buy 100% pure oils from any health food store!
Cleansing oils for Normal skin you can try if the above combination does not suit!
Sweet almond oil, Jojoba, Apricot Kernel, Argan oil,
You can use Rose water it revitalises and adds a glow to normal skin as a toner or any mild alcohol free astrigent after every cleansing to keep your pores tight, toner also helps to remove traces of cleanser as well as makeup left on the skin after cleansing.
• Squeeze a fresh lemon, massage gently on the face, leave for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm
water as normal. Lemon is great for brightening skin complexion and make it oil free.
It is good to scrub your face at least twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells allowing moisturising products to absorb properly.
Oatmeal Scrub….( Smooths, tones and hydrates)
• 1 teaspoon ground oatmeal
• 1 and a half teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons natural plain yogurt ( rich in protein and lactic acid which helps to detoxify the skin reduce acne breakout and the appearance of wrinkles)
Mix and gently scrub for 60 seconds, wash off with warm water.
Honey Sugar Scrub….
• 1 teaspoon organic honey ( I use Manuka honey, honey is a natural exfoliant, great moisturiser natural antiseptic and helps to remove toxins from the skin)
• half a teaspoon of Pure cane sugar
Blend in a bowl , exfoliate gently for 60 seconds and rinse thoroughly.
• 1/4 cup of natural plain yogurt
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 medium banana
Mash the banana into a smooth paste, add the honey and yogurt. Apply to the face and neck leave on for 10 to 20 minutes, rinse off.
Egg yolk mask….
Apply the egg yolk on to your face and neck, leave for 30 minutes then rinse off with cold water. Tone and apply moisturiser to seal the skin.
( Egg yolk nourishes the skin and can help heal blemishes , because it is mostly fats and water it is a great emollient and water binding agent which leaves your skin feeling Soft, Smooth and Supple)!
• Use a mild non greasy moisturiser with natural ingredients without petroleum by products.
• Because I do my Home Spa Pampering at night I use pure Coconut Oil AT NIGHT as a face oil as a moisturiser , it is non greasy, easily absorbed, a fantastic anti bacterial and is good for preventing spots and blemishes.
Coconut oil keeps tissues strong to prevent sagging and wrinkles!
Dry skin requires extra care because it is prone to irritation, fast aging and flaking. Always use natural and nourishing products which heal , deeply moisturise and protect the skin. Use cleansing milks/lotions or cold creams instead of foaming cleansers that you wash off with water. Cleansing lotions are moisturising and do not leave the skin feeling tight.
• 10% castor oil use less for ultra dry skin
• 60% Avocado oil
• 30% sunflower oil or Extra virgin olive oil ( Olive oil is filled with antioxidants, vitamins and anti inflammatory properties which dissolve makeup and are a lot gentle on the skin. It also hydrates the skin without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin, it cleanses the skin without causing irritation like harsh cleansers)
Gently massage using your fingers, on the face and neck using one to one and a half teaspoons of the oil mixture. Wash off with a warm wash cloth or damp cotton pads.
Important : If you have Sensitive skin apply oil to a small section on the side of the face to see how your skin reacts.
Cleansing Oils for dry skin you can use if the above combination does not suit!
Wheat germ oil, Shea oil, Sweet almond oil, Coconut oil, Apricot kernel oil.
Use 100% Rose water it is good for dry skin. It is a natural antiseptic, anti inflammatory and has anti bacterial properties which help to sooth and cool sensitive and irritated skin. It has antioxidants and vitamins which helps to nourish the skin and prevent signs of aging.
Scrubbing is not usually recommended for dry skin so if you have to, do it just do it once a week.
• half a teaspoon of ground oatmeal
• 2 teaspoons of honey or natural yogurt
Scrub with gentle circular motions, leave it on the skin for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliant, an anti inflammatory and is also moisturising.
Dampen your face with warm water, this will help dissolve the honey and make it easier to spread on the face. Massage onto skin in circular motions avoiding the eye area. Wash off with warm water.Pat dry, do not rub to avoid irritating the skin.
• 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon baby oil
Mix ingredients, apply to the face , leave for 20 minutes wash off with warm water.
• half ripe avocado
Mash the avocado , stir in the honey , apply to your face and neck leave the mask on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water
Avocado is rich in healthy fats which moisturise your skin and reduce inflammation , it is anti aging, and helps to reduce wrinkles . The oils of avocado closely match the oils in your skin, so it will nourish and help protect the skin. You can eat avocados to boost your skin from the inside.
• Use a hydrating face cream which is water based.
• Olive oil at night as a face oil.
Enjoy your Home Spa Pampering!!!
You can email me on email@example.com if you have any questions or visit my website www.callmercy.com and my face book page Callmercy Dotcom.