COLOUR CORRECT THEN…. CONCEAL
Ever wondered why, whenever you use a Concealer the blemishes, redness, scars, spots, shadows and dark circles under the eyes are still showing through and your makeup is just NOT LOOKING RIGHT?
Today I am letting you in on a Secret Makeup Technique that will take your Makeup Game to the next level. The trick is to COLOUR CORRECT.
I know you have come across the strange looking cream textured palettes on makeup counters with Green, Lavender, Orange, Peach, Red, and Yellow tones, you pick them up, look at them, screw up your face up and go HA? because you couldn’t figure out WHAT they were or HOW to use them. These strange looking palettes are the shades you need for COLOUR CORRECTING.
COLOUR CORRECTERS are used to neutralize problem areas like dark circles, redness, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, bruises, tattoos and scarring. They are great for correcting discolouration and rebalancing your skin tone.
(Try Bobbi Brown Correctors, NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer, LA Girl Pro Conceal, MAC Pro Conceal & Correct)
COLOUR CORRECTING CREAMS also known as CC CREAMS are now available on the market, if you have large problem areas on the face I would invest in a CC Cream. I love CC CREAMS because some can be used as primers to prep the skin before foundation application. They help to minimize pores, conceal imperfections, even out your skin tone and brighten the complexion.
(Try Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream hydrating colour correct broad spectrum SPF 30 which is oil free and available from Light to Dark shades, Mary Kay CC Cream Complexion Corrector Cream, Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, Cover Girl Queen Collection CC Cream)
COLOUR CORRECTING COLOUR GUIDE….
• GREEN…. corrects intense redness, thread veins, rosacea, broken capillaries, red rings around the eyes.
• YELLOW…. corrects mild redness, cancels purple blue dark circles and brownish dark spots.
• ORANGE & RED…. cancels dark circles and combats dark spots on dark to deep skin
• PINK…. corrects purple under eye circles , dark spots and dullness on light to medium skin
• PEACH…. cancels dark circles, dark spots, brownish dark spots on light to medium skin
• LAVENDER…. corrects sallowness (yellowness), dullness to brighten the skin
• PURPLE…. cancels dark circles and brightens dullness on medium skin
TIPS ON HOW TO USE COLOUR CORRECTORS….
• Apply your corrector before your Concealer and Foundation.
• Pat your corrector lightly on the affected areas, which is usually around the nose, mouth, under the eyes, cheeks and chin and forehead, using your fingers. The warmth from your fingers will help to
blend it easily into your skin.
• Make sure it is not visible through the foundation.
• Try it first before you buy it at the makeup counters using natural light.
• If you have a problem with one area you do not need to buy a palette with 6 to 9 shades unless you
are a makeup artist since you will probably use 2 shades out of the 9, invest in individual correctors.
Thank you for reading my blog! If you have any questions you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my website www.callmercy.com.