Party season is here again, when we get everything done in a hurry and applying makeup can take long, but there are a few things to avoid when getting ready in a hurry.
- If you are heading straight from work to a party or Christmas party to save time, change or top up your eye shadow by adding deeper shades to the outer socket to pop your eyes, touch up underneath your eyes with a concealer a shade lighter and your favourite lipstick, Try Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks it’s a multifunction must have that comes in 10 different shades, I used them on a recent photo-shoot to create wet look on eyes my favourite is Raspberry and Calypso Coral. It’s a must have visit bobbibrown.co.uk
- Don’t go for makeup that is complicated like Smokey eyes, false lashes, liquid eye liner or a look you never tried before, remember your eyes take the longest, why not invest in one Benefit Push up Liner and A Mascara set called Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes I tried it as easy as 1-2-3 get yours at https://www.youniqueproducts.com/MaryAjokeAkangbe/products/
- Never apply translucent powder when going for a dewy look instead apply a moose or creamy foundation that is easy to blend, you will have to remove all the makeup and start all over again I love Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse for oily/normal skin and Mac Mineral foundation in a compact rich and creamy suitable for all skin types but highly recommend for dry skin. Visit a mac counter near you or via their official website at maccosmetics.co.uk
- Contouring is now a big thing when applying makeup but remember it can end up a bad job if you don’t apply with the right tools and shades, you don’t want your images coming out looking like a clown, don’t assume as when doing your own makeup your eyes cannot be a second opinion, why not invest in a contour palette from Motives cosmetics, one of my favourite contour palette online shops is at gotyabackgirl.com/category/style-beauty-and-fashion
- To achieve fabulous curls after taking a shower or overnight get a couple of bendy rollers or the new sleep in rollers by Amy Childs amychildsofficial.co.uk Section hair evenly, then apply Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse & Organic Olive Oil Hair Lotion. Leave in for 30 minutes or use an hair dryer for quicker drying setting time. Then style in your desired style by teasing the hair with your fingers or a wide comb. Buy these hair products at any hair and beauty stores, suitable for all hair.
- And finally no matter how much you are in a hurry please remember to cleanse, tone, moisturise and blend your foundation well with a brush I discovered this amazing Collection specifically made for black or darker skin called AFRIDERM I discovered it recently and was able to do a few demos at the Ideal Home Show – Christmas at Earls Court. It’s to target darker pigmented skin for spots, shine, dry skin and to even your skin tone. This collection comes with Day/Night Cream, Serum, Body butter, Hand & Body Lotion , the face Peeling Gel. I am so happy to be introduced to this product I have tried the peeling gel and had an instant smooth and soothing skin so soft and makes my foundation blended so smoothly. For more info on this collection visit the website at afriderm.co.uk or get in touch!
For any questions about anything on this blog, feel free to leave a comment.
Until next time!
By: Kay Cunningham